Monday, February 29, 2016

Sunday Funday Pictures 28-Feb





This past week 4 other volunteers and myself were chosen to have dinner with the US Ambassador of Namibia, his wife, and a special RPVC (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer) who is now serving with the Center of Disease Control. It was an amazing opportunity  and a delicious meal. Thank you so much for the invitation!!



What life has brought me to:

Sunrises kissing the siloquet of my homestead 
        And
Watching the sunset on the Okavango River


In case you guys can't tell, I can't get enough of the skies here 

Basically what a "bus stop" looks like. There's no public bus system, no jumping on the "L" like in Chicago, no subways.... Just the side of a road and a hand to wave to catch someone to pick you up.

My definition of "Free range animals" has completely changed since beginning serice in Namibia. Animals literally are free range here. The whole village is their limit.

Nothing like relaxing under a tree with your friends. 

This week was my sister and grandmas birthday, so since I'm an English and Arts teacher we decided we should all celebrate them by turning our arts project into making a Happy Birthday video. Lol they kept trading papers with each other and changes Amy's name to "Aym" 


Check out the video we made together here! 




Don't forget to follow me on Instagram to get more peaks of the Nam Bam adventures: jamiet06

1 comment: