Monday, February 22, 2016

21-Feb-2016 Sunday Funday pictures


Dance lessons under the eucalyptus trees. In from of my homestead are some big, beautiful eucalyptus trees that not only smell good but give off some nice shade. This past week I went outside to journal, but instead some local kids decided to make it a dance party and [tried] teaching me how to do some cultural dancing. 




This adorable little chameleon was wondering in my yard. As much as I wanted to keep the little guy I figured he would be much happier in the trees next to the pond where there's plenty of Mosquitos for him to eat. He sure was beautiful! 
Side note/fun fact: Many locals are afraid of chameleons. I've been warned not to get near them. I guess this means I love life dangerously lol. 



This week I decided to take a walk down to the river (it's about 5km) from my house. And wow!!! It's so much fuller than the last time I was there, and really made me wonder why I don't spread nearly as much time at the river as I use to. The scenery is just, spectacular!!


I wish pictures could do justice of what I see. This past week we had some really fun morning fog. (This is the area where I left my little chameleon friend)


This little beauty came by "to learn more" even after she spent 6 hours at school (starting at 7am), 1 hour at study (an after school program where Learners study for exams and do homework together) and an hour at athletics (track) practice, under a very hot Namibian sun. Now that is dedication!  



Working till the cows come home


Some fun pictures of some of Learners. They LOVE getting pictures taken! 











No comments:

Post a Comment