Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What you can do with $1.00USD to help celebrate your birthday

I have an awesome finding for what you can do with $1.00USD!

6-May: My birthday and 9 months of service. I could have had a kid by now! Weird!! I’m starting to become convinced that Peace Corps has this weird time morphing machine that warps your gage of time. I swear some days seem to never end, and then I take a short nap and suddenly it’s the end of another month! If you’ve been following my blog you already know, but the school year here starts in January and ends in the beginning of December. One perk of teaching is VACATION! In honor of my birthday all public schools shut down for vacation!! JUST KIDDING!! Schools really do close pretty much the entire month of May, but not in honor of my birthday, its winter break.  Term one is known to be the longest term for how many days are included at numeric value, but if you ask me that flew by!!! I’ve basically spent the past two weeks glued to my red pen. No one better show me a red pen in the month of May or I may throw that pen at them lol. I am super excited because one of the most awesomest people in my life is coming to visit for my birthday!! J Bea has been apart of my life since what feels like forever and is coming in to take on Namibia with me! We are going to Erindi Game Park, hiking across the country back to my site then venturing up to Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Bea will almost get to see Namibia from the South to the Okavango, across the Caprivi and into Zambia ( a neighboring country). She is even bringing corn tortillas to make tacos AND Hot Cheetos. Now if that’s not birthday love then I don’t know what is!


So this edition of what can you do with $1.00, well right now ratio is about $14.97NAD to $1.00USD. To get me from my village to the hike point to the capital Windhoek is $10.00. I may even be able to squeeze in a water bottle for the ride. Now the hike to Windhoek is a whole other story, but its enough to grab a taxi to begin some birthday adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment