Monday, March 14, 2016

Sunday Funday's (late) Pictures. Meet a few special learners!


February Learners of the Month!

 

For this Sunday’s Sunday Funday pictures (even though its Monday, sorry we had no power yesterday for me to get my blog on) I want to invite you too meet some of my learners. In my English classes every week learners have the opportunity to win “Learner of the Week.” I have been sent some fun pencils from America in care packages that learners LOVE! They are definitely in need of school supplies, but throw on scents, or pictures and that it came all the way from America and you would think I was handing over $100. It really is the little things that count. So each month there are four Learners of the Week in each one of my 3 English classes, and out of those four one is crown Learner of the Month.  Learner of the month gets a grand prize of having their picture printed and given to them (and when I happen to have some) a small candy from America. Seriously it is the littlest things that are beyond exciting to the learners. Not many of them have a picture of themselves and who isn’t excited to try a candy from another country? I’m really trying to encourage positive re-enforcements, which typically is supplied in high fives, but when I get a couple goodies in the mail it feels wrong to hog them to myself.

 

Except for Hot Cheetos and pinon, those are mine! #sorrynotsorry  ;-p

 

So this week I want to broadcast not only the ones who learned Learner of the Week, but also put the Learners of the Month in the spot light. They work hard not only in class and on their homework, but also to be a role model to their fellow classmates.

 

Grade 8

Learners of the Week



 
They are so serious in pictures, so I had to make them laugh ;)
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Learner of the Month!! 
Andreas

 Andreas is one who comes off quiet in the classroom but put some pen and paper in front of her and a new being is born. She studies hard because she wants to be a teacher and someone important one day. She one tiny little thing constantly holding a sweet little smile on her face and encouraging her classmates to try hard in school as well.

 

Grade 9


Learners of the Week
 


 

 
 
 
 
 

Learner of the Month! 
“Benny”
Benny has got to be one of the politest people I have ever met. With every teacher at school he is more than willing to help with passing out papers or carrying books. (Teachers rotate classes and often only have one set of subject books to be shared among all their classes.) He is not shy to offer help or ask for help from his fellow classmates. Benny plans on being a policeman someday to protect us from criminals.

 

 Learners of the Week



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Learner of the Month!
“Eddi”
Eddi, man this guy makes me laugh! He is your 9th grade social butterfly. I’m trying to recall if I’ve ever seen him not smiling or joking around outside. He is seriously a friend with everyone! Eddi is super enthusiastic about school always being one of the first hands raised to answer questions in class. In his free time Eddi likes to write poems (a topic I haven’t even begin to teach in class).  Check out his latest poem below!




 
Poem
Thieves
 
COME TO ME
RUDE I AM
I STEAL FROM YOU
YOUR LOVE I GET
 
LOVE IS MY STYLE
ANGER IS MY SON
THIEF IS MY NAME
MONEY IS MY LOVE
 
POLICE ARE MY ENEMIES
A GUN IS MY HELPER
BUT FEAR OF JAIL
I AM FATHER OF HAIL
 
 
                   DONE BY EDDIE


 
 
 
*The learners were asked if it was okay to show their pictures and give you a little insight to who they are. They were thrilled featured!!
 
 
 
If you would like to support Learners of the Month with some candies or fun pencils/pen they absolutely LOVE it!! Goodies from America are a hot prize, especially warheads and tootsie rolls. Any goodies for learners can be sent to
 
Jamie Torres
Peace Corps Namibia
PO Box 114
Rundu Namibia 9000
 
 

1 comment:

  1. this is my third try to post a comment so I hope this works!! I want you to tell all the learner Great Job from NM Grammie and I want you to tell all the others to keep working hard because I want to meet all of them month by month! You keep up the good work! I love you.

    ReplyDelete