Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Rumor has it, that dreams do come true!

I present to you the official Peace Corps Volunteers of Namibia Group 42! 




Hey hey hey, in case you haven't heard, this girl right here is officially a Peace Corps Volunteer serving with group 42 in Namibia Africa!!!!!!

10 weeks of being a "Trainee" taking in training after training, language studies, tips on what to do about spitting cobras, countless spiders, hot nights, papers due, one vaccination after another.... Completely worth it!!! 

Officially as of 15-Oct-2015 myself along with 49 other volunteer were honored to be sworn in under oath by the US Ambassador followed by an epic swear in ceremony. Our acting Country Director Carl Swartz  gave a speech that literally brought me to tears. I can honestly say, that day is the proudest day of my life. Even I lost count over how many times I've said "one day I'll be a Peace Corps Volunteer" over the past 12+ years and the day came. No more "I want to be a volunteer", no longer "one day I'll do it" no, now it is "I AM A PEACE CORPS VOLUNTEER!" Every trial, every challenge, every moment that tested me finally feels like you know what that happened for a lesson to be learned, and to make me ready for this, for right now. I wouldn't change a single moment even if I could. 


I'm also absolutely blessed to have some fellow volunteers that I feel very confident that I will be friends with past our PCV days! 


Also, we had "Peace Corps Prom" (which Rosie deserves a major shot out for) and my group voted for me as "Most likely to extend" which I'm pretty darn proud of. :) 

Keep following to find out how my first few days of actual service has gone, now that needs to be a blog all in it's own! 


Last day as "Trainees"

(He he he I had to) 




Swear in Ceremony photos:

Team Kavango/ Rukwangali Language 

Featuring: The Bunya 8!
(We clean up pretty nicely if you ask me)


Your boyfriend is a model?!? Wait you're Clark Kent?! Lol ;) 

Only because he loves taking pics, thanks Charlie 


The Bunya girls!
(Lol and Jake) 

Paulina also deserves a shot out for be amazing at her job! 

Some regions wore traditional wear, and looked hella good doing it!

My Okahandja host family


What some official volunteers look like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment