Thursday, October 8, 2015

Breaking news: Sites and Projects have been announced

After months of training and looking forward to a day that seemed like it was a lifetime away the big news is finally here! 

Wednesday 7-October-2015 will be a day I never forget! Not only did we have our Language Proficency Interview (LPI) test, but we also finally found out our sites where we will be serving for the next two years and what type of projects we will be involved in. 

To give a quick run down of the LPI test, they are test given to see what level of language proficiency we are at. We have been learning for about a month and a half now and proficiency could be what makes or breaks success as a Peace Corps Volunteer for some of us. 

After spending most the week sick, I was at the local clinic/hospital hooked up to an IV just 1 hr before I was suppose to do my test. Lucky for me (and Africa time being on my side) all worked out and I was able to successfully take my LPI! 

So now for the drum roll please!!!!!!

 I will be serving in the village of Kasote just west of Rundu in the Kavango region of Namibia! I will be teaching English to grade 8, 9, and 10 Learners. Along with that the school is wanting me to teach some basic computer skills to Learners and the community, help promote physical education, establish a library and garden, and assist with HIV and AIDS awareness. 

I have a feeling this will be an eventful two years and I'm oober excited to see what's about to unfold. Just under a week and on 15-October-2015 I will get to officially swear in as a volunteer and move to my new home in Kasote for the next couple years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment