Monday, June 13, 2016

Sunday Funday Pictures!


It's that time of year where the Learners start preparing for their "Culture Competitions" in the Kavango. Learners collaborate traditional dancing, songs, and dramas together into a skit where they will compete with other schools. 

These are a couple of the traditional drums typically played by boy students. 



Since the Culture Competitions are a big deal in the area, and the drums can be heard through out the village, it attracts people to come watch their practices.



Little Miss Mariah here is one of my grade 8 English Learners, and one of our Culture Team's secret weapon. This girl can dance!!




Back to school! Term 2 of school has been back and at it for about 2 weeks. Winter is also upon us so people are layering up.




If you even (slightly) know me, you know I have a serious hot Cheetos addiction! Luckily my friends rock my socks and send me happiness in a box! If you haven't tried hot Cheetos with marshmallow cream, go try it, now! Lol trust me, it's great!


Flashback!!!

One of the local bands here Kolesa and my host sister invited a couple friends and I to their End of Year party last December. And recently sent me some of the photos they took. 

They are a GREAT band, I'm hoping to upload some of their music soon!


(Isn't my host sister so pretty? I'm couldn't ever ask for a better host sister!) 













No comments:

Post a Comment